As Research in Motion releases their next generation of mobile Blackberry devices including the Playbook and Torch, I thought it was a good time to look at Blackberry's numbers.
- There have been over 150 million Blackberries sold worldwide. (source)
- Blackberry users download 1.5 million apps per day. (source) As a comparison there are 17.2 million iOS apps downloaded per day. (source)
- BlackBerry users download an average of 14 apps. (source)
- Blackberry users have doubled their Web presence in the last 12 months. (source)
- Blackberry is growing just as fast as Android, at least in terms of global Web usage. (source)
- Among all smartphone owners, Blackberry still holds the dominant share with 31% of the US market, though its lead over Apple is declining. (source)
- 29% of Blackberry owners are considering a move to Apple smartphones. (source)